Thursday, October 22, 2009

Indian Summer

As I write this the windows are open, the sun is shining, (pretty much) and there is a gentle breeze blowing through the house. In October. Yes, here is our supposed Indian Summer. It was 80 DEGREES yesterday, and we are a mere 10 days from Halloween!! Speaking of Halloween, the house is decorated to the nines, since it's my favorite holiday. And on that special day, I will be taking a vampire and a toddler trick-or-treating. Let's see...hmmm....a vampire, and a...toddler? Do they make a costume for that? You see, it's a funny story. Sort of. Savannah REFUSES to wear a costume. Period. Now as far as I know, it's not fear of it, or that it's too hot, it's just that she is.not.going.to. Because that is what a toddler does. No means that she does not have to do anything she does not want to do, and that includes pleasing the mommy who feeds her and bathes her and buys her M&M's to bribe her to ride in the cart at Target. So, I wonder what all of your kids are going to be for Halloween. I hope, for your sake, they have costumes on. When I was a kid, not wearing a costume was akin to the Salem Witch Trials. You just put one on!! Or else. Nooooo candy for you! I am just hoping the cuteness factor gets her the loot.

1 comment:

LoveLladro said...

I got a good costume for Chase... you'll see it on the blog soon ;~) Oh and I tend to bribe Chase with 'oooffish' which are goldfish in Chase speak.