Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Kids say the darnedest things!

Language has been emerging lately. Savannah is starting to mimic, and the results are hilarious. She is even starting to say a few things unprompted. Right now, a duck says "cack cack". She knows "no" and "da-da" and "na-na" for Wanda. Mostly it's just gibberish. However, we just taught her "uh-oh" and today it bit me in the butt. More and more, she is responding to things as we say them. This morning, for example, I had stopped to get gas. I left my wallet open on the center console in the van, and as I pulled off, my wallet started to fall on the floor. Now, anyone who knows me knows my wallet is full of crap, and all that started to go everywhere. I, of course,with the mouth of a sailor, yelled ! And my little sweet angel says...you guessed it..."uh-oh"! Right on cue. I nearly ran the van off the road it was such perfect timing! You know what they say...out of the mouths of babes.

No comments: